Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Michigan!

Gage and I had an "eventful" trip to Michigan. In short, I decided to stand by for earlier flights, and between that decision, weather delays, and ATLANTA, I ended up stuck in Atlanta's airport for eight hours with a one year old.
Our visit, however, was wonderful! We spent the weekend with Gage's cousins--Stephen, Chae, Preston, and the newest addition, Ava (who is absolutely GORGEOUS)! Trisha, Kim, and I took all five kids to the Saginaw Children's Zoo on Friday, visited with grandparents that evening, including Gage's Great Grandma Kelsey, who will be 92 in November.

Our attempt at a picture of all the kiddos

Precious Ava FINALLY in my arms!


Gage LOVED the carousel at the zoo!

Saturday morning, my brother David and Chae took Gage and me to see the property they recently bought at Higgins Lake. We walked through the model of their house they plan to build, walked around their property (which is complete with sand dunes! Gage was a fan of THAT!), spent a little time at the beach, and had a nice lunch together at a local diner before we headed back.

Beautiful, CLEAR lake!


Getting messy with Chae...

Gage's aunts threw Gage a birthday party in Kim's backyard on Saturday evening, which was a lot of fun. Once again, Gage slept for the first hour of his party, and then he enjoyed lots of fun with the kiddos outside. The party was complete with lots of yummy food, pool fun, cake, presents, and a campfire with s'mores! We enjoyed church on Sunday with everyone and another visit with Great Grandma on Sunday evening.

Choking hazard?!

Preston loving on Gage-yes, they matched:)


Sweet Great Grandma Kelsey...seriously Gage and Preston?
Monday was filled with more airport/plane frustration. Our first flight was delayed, which caused us to miss our connecting flight home, so Gage and I ended up in a hotel in Atlanta with very little luggage, three diapers, and one cup of milk. Nothing was in walking distance of the hotel, so we managed with that. I wore him out the best I could with makeshift toys (a phone book, pizza box, and stroller:), and we both were asleep by 8pm. Gage was up from 4-6am, but we made it back to the airport by 8am, fought our way through security, had a peaceful flight home (thank God the aircraft was only half full), and made it back home by about noon.

Pizza at the hotel (no other options)... and the socks were to keep his feet clean! I hate hotels.

I would love to say it will be a LONG time before we attempt flying again, but we are heading out again Thursday to visit our friends, Aaron and Selena Walker in Idaho and meet their newest addition, Claire! We are VERY excited about this trip! We haven't seen them since we went to Disney with them over a year ago (I was pregnant). Josh is going with us this time though, so I am confident, it will be smoother traveling with an extra set of hands! Please pray for us!!

5 comments:

Abby said...

Sounds like you had a very eventful time!!! I'll be flying with Eli in a few weeks, so we'll see how that goes - I'm PRAYING that Vince is able to come along. Thankfully we don't have any connections, and it's only a 2 hour flight - thank the Lord for our portable DVD player! Gage is starting to look more and more like a little boy and not a baby!! I just want to eat him up!

Theresa said...

Oh, girl, the things we do to see our family and friends! :) It's so worth it though, and the memories our children have of these times are priceless! They don't remember the hassles and the headaches...they remember the wonderful times with their loved ones! So glad you guys had a great time and arrived home safely!

Trisha Kelsey said...

We so enjoyed your visit. The cousins were thrilled to spend time with Gage! Can't wait to see you again. Love you!

Amber said...

He is soo cute!! I wish I would have known you were up here.. lol, oh well, maybe next time. :) Have so much fun on your next trip!!
Love yas!

ruth said...

OH, I hear you about flying. Every time we do, something crazy happens. I've been stuck so many places and eve feared for my life.

But I've never tried it with a 1 year old, so you are braver than I. I'm glad you had a good time home with your fam. Have a great time with Selena and Aaron and the kids!