Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Ears and...TALKING!

Keys!




First of all, yesterday was a milestone for us. Gage said his first word (first one understood by me at least)! "KEYS!" And he said it about a thousand times. I think most first words are probably "Mamma," "Dadda," or in Gracie's case "BALL!" But not my little man, he has been obsessed with keys since he first learned to hold things, so it is fitting that this was his first word. (As a sidenote, he is ALSO obsessed with his Mommy, so I am hoping that word is soon to follow...)



Secondly, he pulled through his procedure this morning perfectly! After about an hour of discussing the procedure, signing papers, and waiting, Gage willingly went to the nurse; I waited for about five minutes before they called me to the consultation room, where I waited another five minutes for the doctor to arrive; he explained that the procedure went well, I heard Gage whimpering behind the double doors, and seeing the look on my face, the doctor told me to go ahead in to see him. I went to see my little man who was seemingly not too impressed with the nurse who was trying to "wake him up." He was tired:) After a cup of milk, some apple sauce, and a few bites of banana bread, he was awake, and they were content to let him go home. Thank the Lord for such a quick and safe procedure this morning!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Praise the Lord!!! We serve such an awesome God!

That's so great that he said his first word too!!! How exciting! Look out, I'm sure you're gonna have a little chatter box on your hands soon enough!