Thursday, February 22, 2007


WOW! I doubt anyone actually checks this anymore, but just in case, I'M BACK!

I had wonderful holidays home with my family! Attached is a picture that descibes the week quite well... We were spoiled as usual by both of our families, and even by our "adopted" family (Laura Grace's)! They were all so good to us!


I feel like I haven't sat down since we got off the plane New Years Eve here in North Carolina.


Partly, that is because we found out shortly before Christmas that we are expecting our first baby in August!!! I have been sick very little, thankfully, but I have lost ALL energy I once had!

We are very excited and nervous at the same time. Oddly enough, I am not nervous at all about taking care of a baby--I feel like I am prepared for that part (prepared as one can be), but pregnancy is all new for me of course and has already had its challenges. I am thirteen weeks, so I am certainly not looking "pregnant" yet, but I am feeling chubby and my clothes are getting a tad too fitted for my taste! An ugly place to be. At the same time, this is the most wonderful time of my life, I know, and the challenges will be far outweighed by the joy with which we will soon be blessed.


My nephew celebrated his first birthday yesterday, and I hate not being home for the milestones in the lives of the little people who are SO important to me (Stephen, Chae, and Preston)! He is SO precious and has been such a blessing to our family--a perfect little guy.


Josh's varsity basketball team made it to state!! This team has grown so much, and he is so proud of his girls...and I am so proud of him! I will meet him in Raleigh tomorrow night and stay the night and hopefully watch them play Saturday (if they make it to the final four). Go Knights!


Well, I will TRY to be more faithful. Don't give up on me yet--this blogging thing is about to become a whole new world with Baby Golden!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Yay! How exciting for you guys! Are you planning to continue nannying after you have the baby? I know what you mean about not knowing what to expect during pregnancy. The book "What to expect when you're expecting" was a great resource for me during my prego days. Glad you're back to blogging! Keep us updated on the pregnancy and post some pictures as your belly grows!

Sara said...

Alicia, I have not been able to find your blog Chloe Chronicles--did you change the name? Please send me the address again or new name! I miss reading about that little peanut. Hope all is well, and hopefully, I am back now.

Shyla said...

sara,
congrats on the golden child on the way! :)
nathan and I found out that we are expecting our 2nd (surprise!!!) this august as well. the 22nd. i am 15 wks. and seeing that my body hasn't bounced back from my 9month old :) i am for sure showing already! But, it's all good, you will learn to LOOOVE maternity clothes! They are adorable and it's the only time in your life that it's socially accceptable to stick out your belly!! :)
looking forward to reading about your progress and hope you don't get too sick. I have been VERY sick with this one, so i am convinced that it is either twins...or a girl! :)
see ya,
shy

Unknown said...

YEAH....I'm SO happy for you Kelsey! How awesome:) I think you're going to make a GREAT mom! And yes, the blogging world becomes a whole new place when there's a baby to update the family on:) lol I just wish my Sister-in-law did the blog thing. Keep us posted!
~Dana

Stephanie (Wolynes) Steinbart said...

Congratulations Sara! and josh of course:) I am thrilled for you. What is your due date? Canon was due AND born on the 30th of August. I've been checking your blog every few days for a new post, so I was excited to see this and even more excited to read it! Good luck with your pregnancy - are you guys going to find out what you're having?

Erin Neiner said...

Hey You~ CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! I am So thrilled for you guys! You will be a wonderful mommy, since you are so experienced! I think its so much easier with your own because there is a natural bond there unlike any other. You're already a pro...so it will probably be that much more enjoyable for you! How are you feeling so far??? Any better? Hang in there...this too shall pass!