Thursday, June 28, 2007

More News!

A little change in plans came this morning, when I met with my doctor who was going to perform the c-section. He did an ultrasound and determined that the baby is "bottom down" and blocking most of the "break." This has allowed him to build up more fluid around himself, lessening the dangerous position. So, they won't let me leave the hospital, but they would like to hold off as long as possible to give the baby a better fighting chance. And as much as I hate sitting in the hospital (those of you who know me, know that this is not exactly my "cup of tea"), I would MUCH rather be sitting here, than in the NICU, feeling helpless and unable to care for my little man. The doctor says if I made it to 34 weeks, that would be great! He would love to schedule a c-section then--that is two and a half weeks from now. However, he said there is about an 80-90 percent chance that I will go into labor within a week and need to be taken to deliver via "emergency" c-section.
We are just trusting of course that the Lord knows best, and He will take care of us both. I cannot thank you enough for all of your prayers and encouraging words. To know that so many are thinking of us and praying for us is priceless, and this encouragement is allowing us to anxiously await the arrival of our precious little boy!!

8 comments:

Karen said...

O, praise the Lord, Sara! I'm crying even now, as the Lord as answered prayers by allowing BabyG to remain inside. I've been praying so much for you all today. Hang in there--I am excited to see photos... hopefully not anytime soon!

Ben Layer said...

Sara, we've been praying for you, for your baby, and for Josh; our Polish friends here are joining us in prayer. God is good! - Ben and Sarah Layer

suzanne said...

Our family will keep you in our prayers as well.
Ryan and Suzanne Dobbertin

ruth said...

Still praying, Sara! Thanks for taking time to update us. Don't forget, God's goodness endures forever. He is holding you and your little one in the shelter of His mighty hand.

Janelle said...

What a miracle! Praise the Lord for answered prayer! I'm not sure if you remember me from college or not, but I found your blog off of Ruth's. I've been praying for you also during this trying time! Thank you for keeping us updated through all of this!
Janelle (Benson) Miller

Matt & Nicki said...

Sara, I don't know if you remember me, I am a friend of Matt and Bonnie's. . .Anyway, I heard about your situation through Karen's blog and wanted to let you know I am praying for you. My water broke at 34 weeks. There was some confusion about my due date they planned to induce me the following day, thinking I was at 36 weeks. My nurse caught the confusion and they did an ultrasound and checked my fluids. They found out my little boy's lungs were seriously underdeveloped. Long story short-I sat in the hospital on bedrest for two weeks. They put me on antibiotics for five days and told me Silas was better off growing on the inside as long as no infection developed. We visited the NICU and they told us all the "what ifs". . .They induced me at 36 weeks and Silas was strong and healthy--his temperature was lower than normal, but other than that he was okay--Praise the Lord!! I know how scary this must be for you. . .the waiting and uncertainty is hard. Please know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers and I will continue to pray for you and the baby!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for updating us all! I've been thinking and praying for your baby constantly since I read the news. It's amazing to see how our good God has heard and answered our prayers already! What a strong, loving, and powerful to heal God we have. We'll keep on praying.

Sara said...

Thank you all for your prayers! I so apreciate your thoughtfulness! I do of course remember both of you, Janelle and Nicki, and it was nice to hear from someone who has "been through this," Nicki. They would like me to sit in here for two weeks too, which will put me at 34 weeks, a little earlier than your little guy, but still much safer than 32. Suzanne, Josh will be happy to see you on here--hope you are doing well.