Wednesday, June 27, 2007

PLEASE PRAY!!!!!

Yesterday (Tuesday), my water broke. I drove myself to the Kinston hospital (which is near my work and where I was planning to deliver), hoping it was a "false alarm." However, they quickly determined it was the real deal and transfered me via ambulance to Greenville, where the Neo-natal unit is capable of handling a baby so early. I am only 31 weeks, but obviously they will need to deliver. I am currently awaiting a c-section delivery tomorrow morning (Thursday, June 28). He is breech, and without the fluid cannot be moved or repositioned, so a c-section is the safest option. He will at best weigh just over three pounds, which is going to make his first few weeks very critical. Please pray that he will quickly learn to breathe and eat on his own. I have been given two doses of steroids to boost his lung development, and now that those are in me, they need to deliver quickly to avoid infection (since he no longer has a barrier).

God certainly has His hand in this, and we are optimistic that He is going to bless us with a healthy baby. Please pray that our spirits continue to stay positive and focused!

We covet your prayers at this time for the delivery of course, but more so for his quick development and recovery.

Thank you in advance!! I obviously don't know how soon I will be able to update, but I will post again as soon as I have the opportunity.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, Sara, you are such a testimony to God's peace & grace right now. What a blessing.

I wish I could be there with you!

Hope your parents are doing okay, too. I'm thinking of them and praying for them, too.

Love you, girl. Know that I'm praying for you earnestly.

Kelli said...

Hey Sara...I don't know if you remember me or not, but I came across your blog via Karen's and I just wanted to let you know that I will be praying for you and for your baby. Kelli (Clingerman) Frey

ruth said...

Sara, I'm praying!

Unknown said...

Add me to the prayer team. What a scary experience, but it sounds like God is lavishing you with grace to handle it. I'm sure God will take good care of you and your little guy. We'll be praying fervently!

Katie said...

Wow. We are praying for you and your sweet little baby boy. It's always comforting as a parent to know that God is completely in control of our children, and he takes care of us parents too. We'll be praying for you in the days ahead.