Monday, January 14, 2008

Our Holidays...

Better late than never, right?! The holidays were so much fun this year. Gage has a way of making EVERYTHING even better! We had an early celebration with Josh's family here in Greenville, and then we headed north to spend Christmas Eve and the following week with my family in Michigan. We were able to spend lots of time with Gage's cousins (Stephen, Chae, and Preston), which was nice. Our week was full of Christmas parties, too many cookies (thanks to my sister in law, Trisha:), and family. Gage was introduced to snow for the first time, and Uncle David, Chae, and Daddy built him his first snowman!

He was spoiled rotten, as you can imagine, but he was a trooper for the entire trip. He cried only on the very first leg of the first flight (New Bern to Atlanta), and that was because he was hungry, they wouldn't let me take my own water, and the water on the plane was COLD! He isn't much into COLD formula:) They eventually brought me HOT water to mix with the cold, so the crying lasted only about 10 minutes. However, when you are trapped in a small area and you are annoying complete strangers, it seems an eternity. As a sidenote, I almost lost my temper when security FORCED us to remove GAGE'S shoes. Are you kidding me?!?! They weren't even real shoes-just those soft baby shoes-what in the world could be hiding in there, especially with those chubby feet... The frustration stemmed from the exhausting process of getting the shoes on his feet. Oh well. I didn't lose my "cool" too badly.

New Years Eve was spent with Shane, Theresa, Xander, and Cade. We had Laura Grace too, so the kids had lots of fun. Cade even made sure LG got a New Years kiss right at midnight (yes, the kiddos [minus Gage] made it into the new year awake)!

All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday festivities, and we are thrilled to enter this new year with our precious boy!

Happy (belated) New Year to all of you!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm with you about security at airports. One time I was flying alone w/ chloe and I almost cried bcuz no one would help me fold her stroller to put on the conveyer belt! thankfully a kind lady behind me helped out. and chloe flipped when i had to take her shoes off too.

glad you were able to fly to MI instead of drive. you must have just soaked up all the wonderful family time!