Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!!


Okay..... I'm gonna do a little survey here. Let me preface by saying that I LOVE my baby boy's happy face! However, I prefer picture #1. I have this great camera (thanks to my employers), and I have the option of using my flash. I prefer not to. I think that the picture looks more natural without the flash and the colors are better. However, the camera does not allow ANY movement when not using the flash, and when Gage smiles, he giggles and moves A LOT...are you keeping up with me here? :) So, it is either a smiley picture with flash or somber (still) picture without flash. What do you think?!?!?! And does anyone out there have any photography advise (except to buy a more expensive camera!)?!?!

4 comments:

Abby said...

It's funny - he looks like 2 totally different boys! He's adorable in 2 different ways in the pictures! I like both - just depends on my mood :-)

Karen said...

Ha! I thought you were going to tell us that one boy was Josh & the other was Gage. :) I like both, too, although I think everyone loves the smiley ones... even if the colors aren't 100% true.

By the way, my grandmother has been trying to e-mail you. They're visiting my aunt & uncle, who also live in Ayden. Perhaps I gave her an outdated address??

Unknown said...

Does your camera have a kids/pets mode? That setting works really well on our canon camera for capturing non-flash smiles. I hate using the flash on Clive because I'm afraid it will hurt his little baby eyes. And the lighting is so nice and natural without a flash. Good luck!

Erin Neiner said...

We have a program that you can edit the color & brightness in. I often use the flash for your same reason...quicker shutter/less blur. And then edit it to make it look more "real." (HA...I guess thus defeating the purpose...but you know what I mean). The program we have is Photoshop...that's John's for work. There are others, hmmm, can't think of any right now. I'll have to let you know...

BTW, Gage's smile is SO contagious!!!