Thursday, April 24, 2008

Catching up...

1. Springtime: We have spent some time at the beach already this spring-not really swimming, but playing. Gage was introduced to the "actual" beach for the first time (he's been lots, but this was the first time he actually touched the sand). To my surprise, he did not eat it! That was a shock, because my little porker eats EVERYTHING!!

2. My brother and sister in law came down for a visit a few weeks ago, and it was so nice to visit with them and get some good quality time with my niece, Chae. We spent a couple of days at the beach, and Chae and Laura Grace became fast friends, of course.


3. Gage is officially crawling and pulling himself up (on EVERYTHING)! I say "officially," because he has been "army crawling" on his belly for a while now, but now he uses both hands and knees. He has been healthy, other than a couple of minor colds, and growing up so much daily. I feel like my baby has turned into a toddler already... He loves food (as I'm sure you can tell), and he actually bypassed stage 1 foods altogether! Now that I think of it, I believe he bypassed size 1 diapers too, and went from newborn to 2! I miss my baby, but I have fallen so deeply in love with this little man!


4. Josh's position at Segrave Aviation changed from "charter sales rep" to "dispatch," with hope to be moved into a management position within the 3-4 months. For that, we are extremely grateful.


5. Laura Grace is changing by the minute. She is a sharp little girl. Lately, we have been working on a "50 states" song, identifying the states on a map, and learning how to recognize letters. She is such a quick learner, and that makes teaching her a BREEZE!


6. My newest nephew, Hayes has exceeded the 8 lb mark and is doing fantastic! He is such a handsome little man, and Theresa's wisdom will surely come in handy for me, since this is her THIRD boy! Theresa has recently joined the blogging world, so check her out if you get a chance! She is a high school AP and honors English teacher, so everything she writes is an easy read!


4 comments:

Abby said...

I can't believe how big Gage is getting! Eli is like a toddler too - it's amazing how fast they grow!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my, you're making me feel like Clive is a serious porker - he's already in size 2 diapers and he's 4-5 mos. younger than Gage! How fun that he's crawling! He'll be able to get into some serious mischief now. :)

50 states song, eh? Sounds like a terrific learning tool. Lately we're working on letter sounds with Chloe and she's picking up on them really easily. Amazing how these toddler brains can absorb and understand things!

Sara said...

Oh Alicia, Gage is in size 4 diapers!! I just meant that he skipped size 1 altogether (pretty much). I think I remember buying one pack of them,and he had already moved into size 2. But since then, he has moved on...

Stephanie (Wolynes) Steinbart said...

I love the pic of the 2 girls...and am wondering how much of that ice cream Laura Grace got on her pristine white shirt!
Gage is getting so big! He is too adorable and I can't believe you'll be celebrating his birthday in just a couple months! What a sweet gift!