Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Happy Birthday, My Love!



Well, it is just past midnight, and I am typically in bed by 10pm, but Gage's birthday party is tomorrow night, and I have decided that I am going to start a tradition--in addition to the birthday cake for the guests at his party, I am going to make him his very own special cake every year. This year, I went with a baseball! It is by no means perfect, but if it were, then I would have started with the highest expectations, and that would be pure crazy. Okay, so that's just an excuse. I've simply no where NEAR mastered the technique of decorative cake baking.

I will take better pictures of it tomorrow as it sits on his high chair tray for a moment, before he destroys it...without an ounce of appreciation for the hours of careful effort and ridiculously sore hands of his mother.

Anyway, Gage spent his "actual" birthday at work with Mom, playing with Laura Grace. Tomorrow evening, we will have his party! Pictures will SURELY follow.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Happy Birthday, Gage!
Can't believe it... and can't wait to see party pics!

Unknown said...

I think the cake looks fabulous! Great job! And happy birthday, Gage!