Sunday, November 11, 2007

Recipe Tag...

I have thoroughly enjoying snagging all of the new recipes from this game of tag (thanks Kelly!-I think you started it), so in playing fair, I will post a couple of my seasonal favorites. (since I was tagged by Karen).

Spiced Fall Cider
4 c. water
5 apple-spiced cinnamon tea bags
4 c. cranberry juice
4 c. apple juice
2 c. orange juice
1/2 c. lemon juice
1 1/2 c. sugar (I actually use only 1 c.)
3 cinnamon sticks
12 cloves (whole)

Combine all ingredients. Simmer at least 1 hr.
(I love making this for fall parties; makes the house smell great!)


Caramel Fruit Dip
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. caramel ice cream topping
Assorted fresh fruit

In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Add caramel topping; beat until blended. Serve with apple slices (or fruit of your choice). Gala apples are my favorite. Refrigerate leftovers.
Yield: 3 cups

Neither of these is a very "healthy" recipe, but they are both yummy staples for our fall parties. We seem to have the most parties this time of year, so they are well-used. I think they work well all the way through the winter season though really! Enjoy!

Hmmm, I will tag Kim, Jenni, Ruth, Erin, and Steph!

3 comments:

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Hi Sara! I just thought I'd stop by and see how you and your little Gage are doing! He is such a cutie, and he's getting sooo big! Take care! Leah

Kelly Glupker said...

I love getting all these recipes! Your caramel dip sounds awesome!

Unknown said...

Those both sound delish! That cider sounds so warming and fallish.