Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Back to work!

Answering your question, Karen and Alicia, yes, I am back to work! Jim and Michelle have been extremely understanding throughout this whole time, and encouraged me to take as much time as I needed, but as soon as we escaped that hospital, I was ready to get back into a routine again.

I know that it probably sounds crazy to most people, but it is just how I operate. Jim, Michelle, and Laura Grace are our family down here, and their home is our "home away from home," so it doesn't so much seem to be "work" as much as "routine."

After being in the hospital for three weeks-one before Gage was born and two after, I just wanted to be surrounded by family again, and I was anxious to have LG and Gage together.
We know that we are very blessed to have such a wonderful situation for me and for Gage.

So...hopefully, that explains the quick return!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the explanation, dear! I'm glad to see you're feeling so well that you can get back to your routines and job schedule. That's awesome! For me, I wanted to just curl up and sleep all the time during the first few weeks of Chloe's life but your first few weeks of Gage's life were much different.

I'm sure you missed LG tremendously while you were away. How is she doing with Gage?

Anonymous said...

Hey!
I am so happy that Gage is home and that he is doing so well! You are continually in our prayers! Mom is expecting again! We are very excited about that! She is eight weeks along! At this point all is well.. talk to ya later!
Love ya!
Amber

Erin Neiner said...

Such wonderful news to hear you are home. Will be praying for you! Sounds like you're getting right back into the swing of things. But sounds like you are well prepared!
(or at least ready to try!)You are a real trooper! :)

Janelle said...

That's good that you are already back to work! Sometimes just getting back to a normal, or semi-normal schedule is better medicine than anything. Hopefully you are adjusting to everything with flying colors. We'll be looking forward to more pictures when you have the time and energy to post them!